Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mini-Rant

Warning: This article contains explicit language. If you have virgin eyes, look away now.

What's all this "believe" shit about? Believe what? I think the Olympic marketting scheme has become a fast and dirty way of implanting a useless mantra into people's minds. Now, for someone like me to turn around and question, "you believe in what, exactly?" I end up looking like a jerk because I haven't bought into the stupid empty-headedness that accompanies commercialized athleticism.

I'm not frustrated with anyone in particular. Don't take my mini-rant personally. I'm frustrated by the active nihilism in pop-culture being taken as meaningful, and hopeful. It's fucking ridiculous, absurd, insulting to my intelligence, and not worth believing in.

No comments: